Electri-Flex Company is one of the leading manufacturers of flexible electrical conduit. World headquarters is located in Roselle, IL, U.S.A. and offers a dynamic and rewarding place in which to work. It is family owned and operated since 1955 and considers its employees extended family, and that culture resonates throughout the entire organization. Contact us today to learn about current opportunities for employment at Electri-Flex Company.
We are searching for a qualified candidate proactive in procurement to oversee our Purchasing department; to establish goals and strategies across multiple categories of spend; to successfully establish vendor relationships, negotiate on behalf of the company and provide viable suggestions and options for the company.
Some Essential functions include:
- Negotiates with vendors for goods and services, negotiating the best possible price and service guarantee.
- Establishes purchasing policies and ensures compliance
- Partners with Sales, Inventory Control, Operations, and Accounting to ensure clear requirements and expectations.
- Maintain/regulate proper inventory supply levels that meet Electri-Flex production needs
- Develops new/ alternative supply sources
- Works closely with Engineering and Quality Control
- New product development
- MSDS requirements
- UL / CSA certifications
- Qualification of materials/suppliers
- Maintain Conflict Minerals
- Examines bids and makes awards
- Establishes account/credit and terms
- Negotiates blanket purchase orders when appropriate and monitors cost during the time period.
- Checks requisitions for appropriate approval and account numbers
Supervisory Responsibilities: Purchasing Assistant
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills)
- Bachelor’s degree, in a business-related area
- Strong negotiating skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with MS Office: Word, Excel, MRP, ERP
- Organizational skills for efficient office control are mandatory
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, internal and external
- Solid decision-making skills
- 8-10 yrs. of purchasing experience in a Manufacturing environment (Steel or Plastic related industries)
- Ability to gather and analyze data.