Custom Conduit Cutting by Electri-Flex
Electri-Flex Company has 65 years of experience manufacturing the highest quality Liquatite® flexible conduit in the Industry. Our high quality standards and professional in-house equipment make custom cutting for your next job even simpler.
The Cutting Division is ideally suited for large, multiple cut-piece conduit orders. Let our highly trained staff cut, clean, deburr and package your next order. Shipments arrive project-ready, saving you time on the job site. Request a quote to learn more.
- Shipments arrive project-ready.
- Save time on the job-site.
- Reduce labor.
- Limit tools required.
- Decrease job-site accidents
- Eliminate scrap.
- Easier connector attachment.
Click here to learn more about custom cutting options and Standard Cut Length Tolerances.
Cutting & Handling Conduit
Proper cutting methods for flexible conduits are important to ensure a sealed connection when assembled with intended fittings. Furthermore, in case of flexible conduits containing steel, a clean, square cut is necessary for establishing a good connection for continuity of the ground.
Hand Cutting in the Field
When using a hand held hack saw, care should be taken to make a square clean cut. This can be easily achieved through the use of the cutting vise shown on this page. For best results, a blade having 24 to 32 teeth per inch with no-set is recommended. For larger sizes, apply reinforced tape around the circumference of the conduit and cut directly through the middle of the tape. This will reduce the possibility of flaring the ends while cutting.
Repetitive Production Cutting
It has been our experience that in order to achieve the best results; a band saw having a blade with 24 to 34 teeth per inch at a speed of 300 to 350 feet per minute should be used. A no-set blade will produce the cleanest cut. Conduit should be held and supported in a safe manner. Abrasive cut-off wheels and chop saws are not recommended.
Handling Cartons and Reels
Improper handling of Electri-Flex products will cause damage. Electri-Flex strictly enforces these policies in-house to ensure our customers receive damage-free products.
- Hand-unloading and loading of cartons and reels are the easiest ways of preventing damage. See illustration
- If it is not feasible to hand-unload or load product, a forklift may be used. The proper way to load or unload with a forklift is to have the forks enter underneath the bottom flange and tilt them as far as they can go (until the tips are touching the floor). Do not spread the forks and pick up the reel by using the top flange, this could cut or crush the conduit. See illustration
- The Lazy Louie Reel Payout Stand provides a rugged, hassle-free solution to handle reels. See below for details.