Aluminum “Blue Ribbon” (ABR) This UL listed non-jacketed flexible aluminum conduit has many universal wiring applications. It is often referred to as “Greenfield” or “Reduced Wall Flex”.
- High Strength Aluminum Alloy
- Helically wound, formed strip
- Reduced Wall Aluminum Gauge
- Approximately 1/3 the weight of RWS
This conduit is intended for installation as a metal raceway for wires and cable in accordance with the NEC (ANSI/NFPA-70). Article 348.
- Permitted to be used in exposed and concealed locations (Section 348.10)
- For containment of 1000 volt and lower potential circuits (Unless otherwise permitted)
- Grounding conductor requirement for flexible installations (Section 348.60)
- Suitable as an equipment grounding conductor (Section 250.118(5))
- Wiring in elevators, hoist ways and escalators. (Section 620.21)
- Limit on use of 3/8 inch trade size. (Section 348.20)
- Raceway connection to motors (Section 430.223)
- Cranes and hoists (Section 610.11)
- Manufactured Wiring Systems (Section 604.6(a))
- Suitable for use with listed connectors intended for FMC (Flexible Metal Conduit)
- Flexible metal conduit is also permitted for use on industrial machinery (ANSI/NFPA-79) (Section 14.5.4).
Construction, Fixture / AC Whips, Security, Wastewater Treatment