A liquidtight flexible steel conduit designed specifically for extreme hot or cold environments. The flexible inner core is identical to that found in Type LA. The specially formulated PVC jacket remains flexible at low temperatures and resists aging at elevated temperatures. It is listed by Underwriters Laboratories Inc. and certified by Canadian Standards Association.
- Hot Dipped Galvanized Steel
- 3/8” – 1-1/4” Squarelock Profile with continuous bonding strip
- 1-1/2” – 4” Fully Interlocked Profile
- Flexible PVC
- Resistant to Oils and Mild Acids
- Flame Retardant
- Sunlight Resistant (UV)
Designed to be used with high temperature machine tool wiring. Ideal for outdoor installations in cold climates. This conduit is intended for installation in accordance with Article 350 of the NEC (ANSI/NFPA-70) and in section 14.5.4 of the ANSI/NFPA-79 Standard for Industrial Machinery:
- Permitted for use in exposed or concealed locations.
- Installations under raised floors in Data Processing Areas Article 645.5(E)
- Listed and marked for direct burial and in poured concrete.
- For containment of 1000 volts and lower-potential circuits.
- Permitted for service entrance wiring to 6 feet. Article 230.43
- Suitable as a grounding conductor when used for circuits rated up to 20A for the 3/8 & 1/2 inch grade sizes and 60A for the 3/4 through 1-1/4 inch trade sizes in lengths six feet or less per NEC Article 250.118(6). Larger sizes require separate grounding conductor.
- Installations in hazardous (classified) locations:
- Class I Div. 2: Article 501.10 (B)(2) & 501.30(B)
- Class II Div. 1: Article 502.10(A)(2) & 502.30(B) Div. 2: 502.10(B)(2)
- Class III Div. 1: Article 503.10(A)(3) & 503.30(B) Div. 2: 503.10(B)
- Use as Feeders and Services at Marinas and Boatyards. Article 553.7(B).
- Wiring on Building. Article 225.10.
- Conductor Enclosers Adjacent to Motors over 1000V. Article 430.223.
- Underground Service, Feeder, Branch Circuit, and Recreational Vehicle Site Feeder Circuit Conductors. Article 551.80.
- Elevators and Hoistways. Article 620.21.
- Pools and Fountains. Article 680.
- Bodies of water. Article 682.
- Fire pumps. Article 695
- Meets the same specifications as Type LA.
Construction, Data Centers, Defense, Healthcare, Mining, Oil & Gas Refineries, Power Plants, Rail/Transit, Renewable Energy, Security, Ship Building, Steel Mills, Telecommunications, Utilities