Part of the Zero-Halogen Flexible Conduit Family.
Non-halogen, low smoke and low flame spread make Type ZHLA a proven choice for applications where limiting toxic materials of combustion are an important issue. Since ZHLA is also UL listed and CSA Certified for “Heavy-Duty” applications, it is ideal for field installation in confined, public areas such as subways, tunnels, etc.
- Hot Dipped Galvanized Steel
- 3/8” – 1-1/4” Squarelock Profile with continuous bonding strip
- 1-1/2” – 4” Fully Interlocked Profile
- Zero-Halogen Polyurethane
- Resistant to Ozone, Hydrocarbons, Chemicals and Oils
- Flame Retardant
- Low Smoke
- Low Toxicity
- Sunlight Resistant (UV)
- Marked HD for “Heavy-Duty”
- Meets the requirements of Bombardier SMP 800-C for Toxic Gas Generation.
- Meets the requirements of both ASTM E162 for Flame Spread and ASTM E662 for Smoke Generation.
This conduit is intended for installation in accordance with Article 350 of the NEC (ANSI/NFPA-70) and in section 14.5.4 of the ANSI/NFPA-79 Standard for Industrial Machinery:
- Listed and marked for Direct Burial and in Poured Concrete
- For containment of 1000 volt and lower potential circuits
- Suitable as a grounding conductor when used for circuits rated up to 20A for the 3/8 & 1/2 inch trade sizes and 60A for the 3/4 through 1-1/4 inch trade sizes in lengths six feet or less per NEC Article 250.118(6). Larger sizes require separate grounding conductor.
- Installations in hazardous (classified) locations:
- Class I Div. 2: Article 501.10 (B)(2) & 501.30 (B)
- Class II Div. 1: Article 502.10 (A)(2) & 502.30 (B) Div. 2: 502.10 (B)(2)
- Class III Div. 1: Article 503.10 (A)(3) & 503.30 (B) Div. 2: 503.10 (B)
- Installed under raised floors in Data Processing Areas Articles 645.5 (E)
- Electric Signs and Outline Lighting over 1000 volts Articles 600.7/600.32(A)(1)
- Permitted for Service Entrance wiring to six feet Article 230.43
- Used as Feeders and Services at Marinas and Boatyards Article 553.7(B).
- Wiring on Building Article 225.10
- Conductor Enclosures Adjacent to Motors over 1000 V Article 430.223
- Underground Service, Feeder, Branch Circuit, and Recreational Vehicle Site Feeder Circuit Conductors Article 551.80
- Elevators and Hoistways Article 620.21
- Pools and Fountains Article 680
- Bodies of water. Article 682
- Fire Pumps. Article 695
This conduit is intended for use according to the Canadian Electrical Code (CEC CSA 22.1-18) as described in clause 12-1300 for dry, damp or wet locations.
- Conforms to CSA C22.2 No. 56-17 Annex A “Heavy Duty”
Hazardous Locations areas where flexibility is necessary:
- Class I Div 2: CSA 22.1 J18-152 (1) (i)
- Class II Div 1: CSA 22.1 J18-204 (4) (b)
- Class II Div 2: CSA 22.1 J18-254 (1) (h)
- Class III Div 1: CSA 22.1 J18-304 (1) (f)
- Class III Div 2: CSA 22.1 J18-354 (h)
- Zone 2: CSA 22.1 18-152 (1) (h)
- Zone 20: CSA 22.1 18-192 (3) (a)
- Zone 21: CSA 22.1 18-202 (4) (a)
- Zone 22: CSA 22.1 18-252 (1) (h)
Combustion & Flammability Properties
Combustion & Flammability
|Vertical Burn (Material)||UL94||V-0 Rating; No Flaming Drips|
|Vertical Burn (Conduit)||UL360||Pass; No Flaming Drips|
|Oxygen Index %||D2863||28.5|
|Flame Spread Index||ASTM E162||25; No Flaming Drips|
|Smoke Generation (Flaming)||ASTM E662 (NFPA 258)||Ds [email protected] Min/Ds [email protected] Min|
|Smoke Generation (Non-Flaming)||ASTM E662 (NFPA 258)||Ds [email protected] Min/Ds [email protected] Min|
|Toxic Gas Generation||BOMBARDIER SMP 800-C||Pass|
|Toxicity Index||NES 713||3.9|
* Test data is based on controlled laboratory conditions and does not necessarily reflect performance in actual fire conditions. Additional product information available upon request.
Construction, Data Centers, Defense, Healthcare, Mining, Oil & Gas Refineries, Power Plants, Rail/Transit, Renewable Energy, Security, Ship Building, Steel Mills, Telecommunications, Utilities