Part of the Food Grade Conduit Family.
A UL Listed, CSA Certified, flexible liquidtight steel conduit that is now antimicrobial and is designed for a variety of installations regarding motion, vibration, and bending on food processing equipment.
- Hot Dipped Galvanized Steel
- 3/8” – 1-1/4” Squarelock Profile with continuous bonding strip
- 1-1/2” – 2” Fully Interlocked Profile
- Flexible PVC made from an FDA approved compound
- Formulated for “Splash Zone” food and beverage contact
- Meets FDA CFR21 and NSF 51/61 requirements
- Resistant to Oils and Mild Acids
- Flame Retardant
- Sunlight Resistant (UV)
- Marked HD for “Heavy-Duty”
- Also available in white, UL Listing only.
Type LAFG is a Certified Component for NSF/ANSI 169 special purpose food equipment. The following points are in addition to all of the NEC (ANSI/NFPA-70) Article 350 installation guidelines outlined for Type LA [NEMA RV3] flexible liquidtight conduit:
- Smooth exterior for easy washdown
- Resistant to Sodium Hypochlorite (Bleach)
- NEW Antimicrobial jacket with biocide additive
- Intended for use with Standard Liquidtight Connectors
- Direct burial
This conduit is intended for use according to the Canadian Electrical Code (CEC CSA 22.1-18) as described in clause 12-1300 for dry, damp or wet locations.
- Conforms to CSA C22.2 No. 56-17 Annex A “Heavy Duty”
Hazardous Locations areas where flexibility is necessary:
- Class I Div 2: CSA 22.1 J18-152 (1) (i)
- Class II Div 1: CSA 22.1 J18-204 (4) (b)
- Class II Div 2: CSA 22.1 J18-254 (1) (h)
- Class III Div 1: CSA 22.1 J18-304 (1) (f)
- Class III Div 2: CSA 22.1 J18-354 (h)
- Zone 2: CSA 22.1 18-152 (1) (h)
- Zone 20: CSA 22.1 18-192 (3) (a)
- Zone 21: CSA 22.1 18-202 (4) (a)
- Zone 22: CSA 22.1 18-252 (1) (h)
- Poultry Processing & Misc. Food Manufacturing (SIC 2015)
- Food Product Machinery Manufacturing (SIC 2011)
- Pharmaceutical Preparation Manufacturing (SIC 2834)
- Food Packaging, Canning and Bottling
Food Processing, Healthcare, Pharmaceuticals
*Sizing above 2″, consult factory for pricing and minimum runs.