A general purpose, UL and CSA listed, nonmetallic liquidtight conduit offering excellent protection to wiring from abrasion, sunlight, mild acids, alkaline and oils. Often used for air conditioning hook-ups and other outdoor applications.
- Type NM is a helically wound integral Type B construction. It contains a spiral of rigid PVC reinforcement imbedded within the PVC wall.
Type NM is intended for installation in accordance with Article 356 of the NEC (ANSI/NFPA-70) for Flexible Liquidtight Nonmetallic Conduit (LFNC-B or FNMC-B).
- For containment of 1000 volt and lower potential circuits.
- Listed and marked for outdoor use.
- Listed and marked for direct burial and in poured concrete
- Installations in hazardous (classified) locations:
- Class I Div. 2 Article 501
- Class II Div. 1 & 2 Article 502
- Class III Div. 1 & 2 Article 503
- Electric signs and outdoor lighting over 1000 volts. Article 600.32(A).
- Wiring methods for pools and spas. Article 680.
Conforms to the requirements of Section 14.5.5 of the electrical Standard for Industrial Machinery NFPA-79.
Suitable for use with nonmetallic fittings marked for FNMC-B or LFNC-B for liquidtight flexible nonmetallic conduit Type B or with standard metal liquidtight fittings. See NMLT connectors for further information. See Couplings (Splices) to reduce waste and conjoin lengths of Type NM conduit.
Continuous lengths on reels available in 1/2″ and 3/4″ diameters only. Larger sizes available in non-continuous lengths on reels. Sections are tied or taped and must be separated for use.
Cell Towers, Construction, Data Centers, Fixture / AC Whips, Healthcare, Power Plants, Rail/Transit, Renewable Energy, Security, Ship Building, Telecommunications, Utilities, Wastewater Treatment